Tuesday, May 28, 2013

Super Colorful Rainbow WIP

I got this super awesome PDF ebook from "All Free Crochet" the other day, and it was all patterns for baby blankets/afghans.
You can download it free here
They are all pretty awesome, but the one that caught my eye most was this one below.  It's so cool and I thought it would be really fun looking with a gradient effect. 
I was NOT wrong.
From a distance it has a really cool optical illusion type of effect.
I love it.

Initially I just started with some purple with the varying grays to white, but then I thought, man, this sure would be awesome in rainbow colors!  

I have been meaning to do something in Rainbow colors, because, c'mon, what's happier than a rainbow!? 
before I found this pattern I was thinking of doing a cat scarf and making it rainbow striped.  how fun would that be?


I may still do that, (or another animal scarf in rainbow stripe, suggestions are welcome!)
but for now I'll focus my attention on this one.
I've had a bit of time here and there to work on these squares, moreso than I usually would because I am only taking 2 summer classes and the pace is more relaxed than the regular term classes, which is nice.  I really need it to be more lax with an extra kid at home all day during the summer months. 

 I spend a huge amount of time breaking up their little bickering sessions, it's so much harder to stay focused for long bouts.
One of the things I love about making granny squares (or any motif, really) is that it makes me feel more accomplished.  I can make one, and feel like I have done something creative and then I can put it in a stack and not have to worry about marking stitches, or putting the work on a holder.  


 Hopefully it won't take me too terribly long to finish this little project.  
I know with it being summer I don't NEED an blanket.
but regardless.  There are few things more rewarding than finishing a project.

I am also trying to decide if I want to include some bright pink squares too, so if you have an opinion, I am All ears.... or eyes I guess...  whatever.

Take the polls:


  • Cat
  • Raccoon
  • Fox
  • none of these would be good you dope
More polls: Free polls



  • yeah, that would be awesome
  • nah, it's fine without
More polls: Free polls

No comments:

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...