Friday, January 4, 2013

My Favorite Color is....

For the longest time my favorite color was pink.
And I'm not just saying when I was a little kid...
I'm saying like My early 20's everything in my closet just about was pink.
I was obsessed.  

Here in more recent years I have really gotten away from it.
I much prefer purples and teals now (especially together).  

I just got to feeling like Pink was kind of immature to be wearing all the time.
I had my daughter and that is what made my image feel like changing.  
I feel like teals and purples look good on me and 
I feel like they are more modest rather than attention grabbing colors.
{I'm married, I don't need to grab anyone outside of the home's attention!}

I wanted to start behaving and dressing more like a mom.
Not a Fuddy-Dutty Mom, but a classy Mom.


I was only 18 when I had my son and so it was ok to be more youthful
But now at 26 (only until the 29th of this month.... yikes) 
I feel like it's time to grow up.

So, My favorite colors are Teal/Turquoise and Purple because they are comforting and cool calming colors.  
They make me feel cozy.  
They make me think of the beach.
They make me feel like Growing up gracefully.



Click here for the rest of the challenges for "About Me month".

2 comments:

Kenz @ Interiors By Kenz said...

I love teal and purple. Especially purple. But the weird thing is, I don't have ANYTHING purple. No clothes, or home things. But I love looking at purple. ... Maybe I should start adding into my wardrobe and home.

Ministry Among The Trees said...

I love those colors too!!i want to be more mommy material too but not super old mom but not super young mom either. haven't found that one real style that makes me feel that way for everyday wear.

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...