I bought this old message board at a local thrift store for a bank-breaking $0.50!
It was pretty cool anyway, but definitely needed a little help.
The chalk board portion was really suffering and the cork part was even worse.
So i taped off around the chalkboard portion and spray painted it with Chalkboard
After that was allowed to get good and dry and set I then taped off that entire section so that i could paint the rest
This is what happens when the cat finds your painter's tape, just so you know.... ugh
here it is after the first coat.
Can't go wrong with trusty ol' PINK!
Now that it has dried I needed to work on the cork board portion
I got a piece of paper and made a template for the open space and cut a piece of cork board to size and glued it into place with the ever-so-awesome "Tacky Glue"
(I'm convinced this stuff could glue a brick to a wall)
Okidoke! Looking good, but not quite done yet....
Let's add some labels to the letter holding "pockets"
I made some tacks using glass vase fillers and vintage buttons to match the message board
Here they are drying on an old book cover I stabbed them through
and pinned after drying....
And finally, the Finished product!
(ignore the "Almost done" still written there, it's fully done!)
Check out my other chalkboard projects here