Wednesday, September 26, 2012

Walking Stick

Yesterday morning I went out to our shed to grab a couple of folding chairs to take with us to the park

On the door jam was this little guy


We've seen him around the house/yard several times
how do we know it's the same one you might ask??



 he's missing a leg



I've always been fascinated with walking sticks and praying mantises



 I had my husband put his finger in the frame so you could see this guy isn't very big


But these suckers can get huge!

See:


If you want to see more pics of these check out this blog
And if you want to learn more about them, head over to this NATGEO page about them

My husband and i have a running joke about "walking sticks" 
when we see one we sing our little "imastick imastick imastick" song, lol....
I guess you kinda have to be there....



No comments:

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...