Thursday, August 9, 2012

Furniture Revamp Challenge -- Part 2 (Colors & Prep)

So, when I found out I was getting new furniture (new to me anyway).  I did what any other person would... I went to trusty ol' Pinterest and started looking up design ideas. 



 I first went searching for color pallets that I liked, and I found this.




I love love love beachy colors! 
they are so fresh and clean and relaxing...





I have found in the last few years that I am more happy with my design choices if i kind of step out of my rut comfort zone and go for something I wouldn't initially think I would like.  So that was my mission.  The past few times I have redone something for the bedroom I love it at first and within a month I hate it!  I wasn't going to let that happen this time!  




I printed the above color pallet and a few others and took them to the store and tried to find swatches to match.  




So i picked up my colors

I found a few really awesome pins of people who did their bedside tables in Silver spray paint, and then some even did silver leafing, all of which looked amazing!  like this one:


So, feeling fully inspired, I got the rest of my supplies
 These are the spray paints I chose.  The blue for accents and the lamps.  The Silver for my side tables and dresser.  and the black is Oil Rubbed Bronze for the handles of the furniture.  
I love the way oil rubbed bronze looks.  Whenever we have our own house I'm going to have all my doorknobs and fixtures in it.  


Stay Tuned for More!




Want to see more in this Series?

Part 2 -- Colors & Prep (*you are here)

2 comments:

Ministry Among The Trees said...

omg so awesome!

Unknown said...

Thanks Girl! Wait til i post the "after" photos! You're going to love it!

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...